Monmouthshire Further Education Trust Fund
Blaenau Gwent, Monmouthshire, Newport, and Torfaen
Applications for this grant are closed
Monmouthshire Further Education Trust Fund provides financial support to individuals from the Gwent area (specifically the County of Monmouthshire as it existed in 1956) who are pursuing further/higher education or training.
Funding can be used for:
- costs associated with entering into further/higher education including equipment, materials, overseas travel, and course/exam fees
- costs associated with preparing to enter a trade or profession including equipment, materials and training
- Applicants can apply for grants of up to £500 per year.
Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate exactly how they will meet the Fund’s objectives and priorities, and who have not previously received support from this Fund.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must reside in the County of Monmouthshire as it was in 1956 i.e. the Local Authorities which became Gwent: Torfaen, Blaenau Gwent, Newport and Monmouthshire (in part or whole)
- Applicants must also have attended a Secondary School in Gwent for a minimum of 2 years
- Applicants must be aged 25 or under
- The application must show a clear need for financial support, financial hardship or additional support needs
How to apply?
Applicants must complete the online application form. Please ensure you read the criteria carefully before you apply to make sure you are eligible.