Rudbaxton Parish Education Fund
Applications for this grant are open
The Rudbaxton Parish Education Fund aims to advance the education of children and young people under the age of 25 who live in the Parish of Rudbaxton, in Pembrokeshire.
Individuals can use grants to:
- Grants to support the costs of students in further/higher education
- Grants to school pupils for materials, equipment and activities/trips
Examples could include: university bursaries, equipment/materials for higher education courses, travel costs to college, course fees (where other support is not available e.g. student loan)
Organisations can use grants to:
- Towards running costs of a project
- Minor capital works
- To purchase equipment and materials
- To contribute to the costs of educational materials, trips and outings
Examples could include:
- a community-based youth initiative
- a community education programme
- holiday clubs
- educational outings
In 2020 Community Foundation Wales published the findings of a piece of research undertaken with more than 100 community groups across Wales. Our Loud and Clear report highlighted that charities and community groups in Wales want funders to prioritise core funding and longer-term partnerships. We have used the learning in this report to help us to shape our Rudbuxton Parish Education Fund and to show groups that we believe in their core purpose and want to support them to work more effectively in their community’s longer term.
We recognise how important it is for groups to be able to plan for the future and that having secure funding can give you the confidence and reassurance to develop your project over the long-term. Rudbuxton Parish Education Fund now offers groups the opportunity to apply for multi-year funding of up to 3 years but will also continue to offer 1 year project or small capital item funding.
We hope to be able to make at least one three-year grant per year. To be considered for a three-year grant please complete the additional section of the application form indicating how you plan to develop your project over the period of funding being applied for. NB. Your application will still be considered for one year funding if you are not successful with a three-year grant.
We also recognise the challenge of finding core funding, especially longer term. Groups can now apply for funding towards core costs for up to 3 years, providing the group can provide accounts for at least the last 12 months and the amount being applied for is less that 50% of your annual turn over e.g To apply for a grant of £1, 000 per year, your annual income should be at least £2,000.
- Individuals can apply for grants of up to £1,000 per annum
- Organisations can apply for grants of up to £2,000 per annum
In exceptional circumstances the trustees may consider awarding larger grants where a strong case for support can be made.
Who can apply?
- Individuals under the age of 25 who are resident in the Parish of Rudbaxton
- Community/voluntary groups and local charities either based in Rudbaxton or whose work directly benefits individuals under the age of 25 living in Rudbaxton. Schools and PTAs may apply but only for projects which fall outside of statutory provision
How to apply?
Please ensure that you read and understand the fund criteria before completing your application.Group application formIndividual application form