Wrexham Community Endowment Fund
Applications for this grant are closed
The Wrexham Community Endowment Fund is an umbrella of Funds and donations dedicated to enhancing education and strengthening communities in Wrexham.
The Wrexham Community Endowment Fund has two main objectives:
- Fund Objective 1 – to encourage, support and promote non-statutory educational attainment and lifelong learning, including early years. Applications should meet at least one of the following priorities:
- Projects that support the educational development of school aged children and young people
- Projects that support the educational development of children in the early years
- School based projects that support health matters and healthy living
- Educational attainment projects including lifelong learning
- Education inclusion projects with support for talented individual students in the form of scholarships, prizes for attainment and educational materials or other resources
- Fund Objective 2 – to encourage, support and promote spiritual wellbeing and improve the lives of people with limited resources. Applications should meet at least one of the following priorities:
- Projects that promote safer and more inclusive communities
- Sustainable environment and neighbourhoods
- Supporting older people
- Working with children and young people
- Projects to encourage improved health and wellbeing
- Culture, heritage and sport
- Individuals can apply for grants of up to £500
- Organisations can apply for grants up to £1,000
Who can apply?
- Individual students who are currently full time residents of the Local Authority area of Wrexham, provided that the initiatives do not fall within statutory provision, can apply under Objective 1 only.
- Groups and organisations in the Local Authority area of Wrexham running grass roots community projects are welcome to apply under Objective 1 or Objective 2. For example local charities and community groups, scouts/guides & boys/girls brigade, projects organised by churches and/or using the facilities of faith-based organisations, and community projects eg. senior lunch clubs, youth clubs, mums & tots groups.
How to apply?
Please ensure that you read and understand the fund criteria before completing your application.