Denbighshire Community Endowment Fund
Applications for this grant are closed
The Denbighshire Community Endowment Fund aims to fund educational initiatives.The fund seeks application from:
- Projects that support the educational development of school aged children and young people
- Projects that support the educational development of children in the early years
- School based projects that support health matters and healthy living
- Educational attainment projects including lifelong learning
- Education inclusion projects with support for talented individual students in the form of scholarships, travel assistance, sport, prizes for attainment and educational materials
In 2020 Community Foundation Wales published the findings of a piece of research undertaken with more than 100 community groups across Wales. Our Loud and Clear report highlighted that charities and community groups in Wales want funders to prioritise core funding and longer-term partnerships. We have used the learning in this report to help us to shape our Denbighshire Community Endowment Fund and to show groups that we believe in their core purpose and want to support them to work more effectively in their community’s longer term.
We recognise how important it is for groups to be able to plan for the future and that having secure funding can give you the confidence and reassurance to develop your project over the long-term. Denbighshire Community Endowment Fund now offers groups the opportunity to apply for multi-year funding of up to 3 years but will also continue to offer 1 year project or small capital item funding.
We hope to be able to make at least one three-year grant per year. To be considered for a three-year grant please complete the additional section of the application form indicating how you plan to develop your project over the period of funding being applied for. NB. Your application will still be considered for one year funding if you are not successful with a three-year grant.
We also recognise the challenge of finding core funding, especially longer term. Groups can now apply for funding towards core costs for up to 3 years, providing the group can provide accounts for at least the last 12 months and the amount being applied for is less that 50% of your annual turn over e.g To apply for a grant of £1, 000 per year, your annual income should be at least £2,000.
- Individuals can apply for grants of up to £500
- Organisations can apply for grants up to £1,000
Who can apply?
- Students up to and including the age of 25 years who are currently a full time resident in the Local Authority area of Denbighshire, provided that the initiatives do not fall within statutory provision.
- Groups and organisations in the Local Authority area of Denbighshire running projects which fall outside statutory provision. (E.g. after school clubs, breakfast clubs, gardening projects etc.)
Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate exactly how they will meet the Fund’s objectives and priorities, and who have not previously received support from this Fund.
How to apply?
Please ensure that you read and understand the fund criteria before completing your application.