Education Fund for Denbigh and Surrounding Area
Applications for this grant are closed
The Education Fund for Denbigh and Surrounding Area supports the education of individuals and specific educational initiatives. The fund seeks applications from:
- Projects that support the educational attainment/development of children and young people between the ages of 11 and 25 years
- School/college based projects that support vocational training, health matters and healthy living
- Education inclusion projects with support for individual students between the ages of 11 and 25 years in the form of bursaries, scholarships, travel assistance, culture, sport, prizes for attainment and educational materials/equipment (this list is not exhaustive)
In 2020 Community Foundation Wales published the findings of a piece of research undertaken with more than 100 community groups across Wales. Our Loud and Clear report highlighted that charities and community groups in Wales want funders to prioritise core funding and longer-term partnerships. We have used the learning in this report to help us to shape Education of Denbigh and Surrounding Area and to show groups that we believe in their core purpose and want to support them to work more effectively in their community’s longer term.
We recognise how important it is for groups to be able to plan for the future and that having secure funding can give you the confidence and reassurance to develop your project over the long-term. Education of Denbigh and Surrounding Area now offers groups the opportunity to apply for multi-year funding of up to 3 years but will also continue to offer 1 year project or small capital item funding. We hope to be able to make at least one three-year grant per year. To be considered for a three-year grant please complete the additional section of the application form indicating how you plan to develop your project over the period of funding being applied for. NB. Your application will still be considered for one year funding if you are not successful with a three-year grant.
We also recognise the challenge of finding core funding, especially longer term. Groups can now apply for funding towards core costs for up to 3 years, providing the group can provide accounts for at least the last 12 months and the amount being applied for is less that 50% of your annual turn over. EG. To apply for a grant of £1, 000 per year, your annual income should be at least £2,000.
- Individuals can apply for grants of up to £500
- Organisations can apply for grants up to £1,000
- Where there is an exceptional case for support (case to be made by the applicant), grants of up to £5,000 may be awarded.
Who can apply?
- Students between the ages of 11 and 25 years of age who are currently a full time resident in the town of Denbigh and the Community Council areas of Nantglyn, Henllan, Bodfari, Aberwheeler, Llandyrnog, Llanrhaeadr yng Nghinmerch, Llanynys, Llanefydd and Llansannan provided that the application is not to cover an activity that falls within statutory provision.
- Charities, groups and organisations running projects and activities for the benefit of children and young people living in Denbigh and the above named Community Council areas which fall outside statutory provision. (E.g. after school clubs, breakfast clubs, gardening projects etc.).
Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate exactly how they will meet the Fund’s objectives and priorities, and who have not previously received support from this Fund.
How to apply?
Please ensure that you read and understand the fund criteria before completing your application.